Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Mock Interview

I really enjoyed this assignment because I am going to be going through real interviews very soon after graduation! I tailored my interview for the Scholarship Application because it was the perfect fit for what I would need to do in reality.

We can start with the good things about my interview. After reviewing the video footage, I thought that first and foremost, I looked professional enough. Good posture, clean outfit, and composure were all there. Next, I thought I have full, to-the-point answers to all of the interviewers' questions. I thought it was very easy to answer their questions because my reasons for wanting the scholarship are really genuine. I also thought I asked a good question to the interviewer because it showed that I read the requirements for the scholarship very carefully and reminded that I am a candidate that fit their criteria perfectly at the same time.

Bad things- I still say "UM" too much. I can definitely tell that I said it less when the interviewers asked me questions that were more personal (i.e. What made you decide to go into law enforcement?"). I also am really working on doing something about my hair...I know I've been working on not touching my bangs, but I can see that I do an unconscious hair flipping movement sometimes. Perhaps, I'll wear a headband...

I really enjoyed this assignment and I was happy to hear the the interviewers thought they would choose me for the scholarship if it was being awarded in reality! I really do want to become Police Chief one day and I really hope that this course is going to hone my public-speaking skills before that day comes. It is going to be crucial that I can deliver a great speech whether it be to the public about a crime spree, the department about budget propositions, and even the Board when it comes to officer evaluations. I hope that I will be more comfortable with public-speaking by the end of the semester and really learn how to send a take-home message that sticks to my audience.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed this assignment. Your hiring committee made a good pick!

    ReplyDelete